Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

JOELS BAR

Sunday was an all around wonderful day at Northview Church. Salvation came through the doors and Outpouring was evident in both services. But there are times after the services, when the folks clear out of the building and the lingering presence of his glory remains. Many, many times I have witnessed the miracoulas happen after the service is over. Sunday night was one of those times. Several men were praying for each other in the fellowship hall after the business meeting was long gone. I was one of the men who hung around because I could sense that God was up to something. After all was said and done, I like other men, managed to pull myself up off the floor to gather my things and head on home.

I got home at 9:00PM and others got home well after 10:30PM. The reports of deliverance and freedom have been pouring in ever since. God so blessed these men, that many have reported total life changes this week.

This reminds me of something that I have learned over the years; don't ever understimate the room. You never know what God will do in a service or even after a church service. What seems like a bunch of staggering drunks to others, is one of the most beautiful things in the world to God. What appears to be foolishness to people is wisdom to God.

1 Cor. 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. (NIV)

I am so glad to see these men belly up to Joels bar and have a drink of Holy Ghost power instead of taking a drink at the Cozy Lounge, Caddies Pub or the 4th street bar. I say, let these men drink in all of the Holy Ghost joy juice that they can! Men (and women) need to drink in the things of God. So just have another drink!--Pastor Randy Burton

No comments: