Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Cry From Within Our Spirit

New Cry From Within Our Spirit

April 28, 2014 By Jeremiah Johnson 

As I began to spend time with the Lord this morning, I felt impressed by the Holy Spirit to begin to read the story of Hannah  found in 1 Samuel chapter 1. 

Hannah’s story is somewhat familiar to many of us, but I believe I received a prophetic word for this season that many saints have found themselves in. My personal prayer is that this message brings a new sense of clarity and hope to you.

In 1 Samuel 1:5-6 it says repeatedly that the “LORD closed Hannah’s womb.” We find in verses 7-10 that she was distressed, wept, and was even provoked by her rival Peninnah in ways that caused her to be bitter and irritated. As I meditated on this, two sobering questions came to me:

1.Was God positioning Hannah to release a NEW CRY from deep within her spirit through all this pain and suffering?

2. Had God deliberately set up a scenario (closing her womb) that forced Hannah to confront her barrenness?

I believe with all my heart that there is only one answer to these two powerful questions: ABSOLUTELY!

Immediately in verse 11 Hannah makes a VOW to the Lord as she says, “O Lord of hosts, if you will look upon my affliction and remember me and bless me with a son, I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and a razor shall never come on his head.”

Please hear what I am about to say…

Hannah’s first prayer to the Lord was (v.7), “Give me MY son.”

Through the pain, suffering, and being forced to confront her barrenness, the new cry that came from within Hannah’s spirit was,

“God, give me YOUR son.”

Hannah’s first prayer involved control and selfishness. Her second prayer involved surrender and sacrifice. Only one of those prayers was answered by the Lord! I immediately received a vision while reading of many saints crying out in this season saying, “God, give me MY ministry” just like Hannah and the word of the Lord to you is that until you confront your true barrenness and begin to release a NEW CRY from within your spirit that says, “God give me YOURministry”, your prayers will continue to NOT be answered. There are people asking God for even direction for YOURfuture and until you begin to ask Him for direction for HISfuture you will continue to walk around frustrated, bitter, and miserable. THIS IS THE HOUR TO LAY DOWN OUR AGENDAS AND ASK HIM FOR HIS!!!!

God is purposely waiting for our strength to run out just like Hannah’s. He is waiting patiently and saying, “When will your desperation produce a new cry from within your spirit that releases what you want TO ME?”

It requires barrenness to birth the true prophetic. We desperately need Hannah’s to give birth to Samuel’s who will be the Lord’s and the Lord’s only!

God is orchestrating divine scenarios all over the earth that is forcing Hannah’s through decades of pressure to come face to face with their barrenness. He is closing ministry doors and opportunities! God is shutting down our good ideas and plans! He is issuing a clarion call to the body of Christ like a trumpet blast and is declaring, “A new cry I am releasing from within my saints in this hour. Not cries that involve control and selfishness, but cries of surrender that are birthed from confronting barrenness. Yes, you must confess your spiritual bankruptcy before me. I want you to get in touch with how much you need me. Do not settle for the double portions even as Hannah knew there was more. Beware of the consolation prizes in this season. My Bride, will you settle for the blessing or give birth to the Samuel’s in this hour?”

“The hour of ‘my ministry’ is over and it’s time to manifest Christ in the earth!” -Allan Hood

May we have courage to come to grips with our true barrenness and a perspective from Heaven that encourages us to press in and give back to the Father what was already His in the first place.

The Unknown Dreamer,

Jeremiah Johnson

No comments: