Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 12, 2014

MORE OR LESS?--By Randall Burton

The mantra of recent revivals has been; "more Lord, more." What does this mean? Simply put, the "more" that we are speaking of is time spent in His presence and a heartfelt desire of Spirit-Filled believers to see God displaying his power in them and through them.

But some may ask, what good is more if you don't use it? That's a fair question and I will answer it later in this post. But first answer me this, what is the alternative to more? Is it less? Or we've got all that we'll ever need? So should we pray for "less Lord, less?" How about, never mind Father, I'm good with what I have. I've got this evangelism thing, I've got this healing thing... By asking and recieving more, we are simply saying, God I am completly relying on you for everything. I need your power to be displayed in my life, because without you, I would be powerLESS!

Pentecostals and Charismatics have been  echoing the words of Zechariah 4:6 for centuries, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts." (NKJV)

Paul the Apostle stated in 1 Corinthians 2:4 And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. (NLT)

Jesus spent three and 1/2 years demonstrating the power of His heavenly Father before the masses of humanity. Then Jesus says "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. (John 14:12)

Here is the truth, You cant do more with less! You need more so that you can do more! Not less, but more! More signs, more wonders, more healings, more Holy Ghost meetings, more public displays of His power... Display it in the churches, put His power on display in the market places. I dont know about you but I need more. Say it with me, more Lord, More!

No comments: